Information for prospective Marketing and Communications Intern (paid)
Overview of the company and the opportunity
Leif Capital is a boutique investment bank specialising in corporate venture capital and energy.
We work with clients on both sides of the capital-raising table. On one side, our clients are early and growth stages businesses that are raising $5m-$50m from global investors that can accelerate their success, not just through the provision of capital, but also through their industry expertise and market access. (Over the last ten years, we have raised more than $100m for our clients).
On the other side, we also work with the venture units of some of the world’s largest and most innovation-hungry corporations, providing them with research and events. ¬¬
We are looking for a talented, resourceful and versatile Marketing and Communications Intern to start a one month internship as soon as possible. The intern will be paid the London living wage.
We expect our intern to then ‘graduate’ to the position of Marketing and Communications Associate.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to develop knowledge, networks and skills in the energy, venture capital and innovation industries.
Please review the information below. If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us with your CV and a covering email.
Leif Capital is the trading name of Carbon Communications International Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
1) Writing and reporting
Leif Capital prepares quarterly reports for the corporate venture capital industry. To see examples, please go to https://www.leifcapital.com/reports. Your tasks will include:
- Interviewing investors and innovators
- Then liaising with interviewees to get sign-off on copy
- Researching latest transactions and news
- Editing, sub-editing, proofreading of copy
We also publish newsletters, which you will help prepare and distribute.
2) Social media
- You will be required to manage our social media strategy and use the content we generate for our reports to raise our and our clients’ profiles.
3) Events management
- Leif manages and co-manages several events per year, from large conferences to small dinners. You will be required to help organise these events, liaising with sponsors and speakers, and dealing with logistical matters.
- You will be required to work on our research products (samples of which will be shown to short-listed candidates).
5) ‘Designing’ / Preparing client marketing materials (websites, presentations and ‘two-pagers)
- You will be required to have a basic design skills so that you can prepare compelling marketing materials for our clients (presentations and ‘two-pagers’).
6) Website management / updating
- You will be required to update our website
7) Business development
- You will help prepare our pitch materials to prospective new clients.
Desired attributes of candidates:
• An interest in Leif’s key industries - energy, materials and manufacturing, transport
• Excellent communication skills and capable of presenting numbers and ideas
• Intellectually curious, ambitious and excited to learn about new technologies
• Capable of working independently